Sunday, March 2, 2014

100 Things I Love, Like, and Enjoy


Last year I posted an article at The Shared Easel Newsletter, titled: Gratitude Plays a Part in Happiness. It refers to the experiences I had after completing my first list of the things I wanted in my life. (I had been doing a lot of smiling around that time.)

Today I included a link to that article on The Gratitude Habit Facebook page, with a brief description. This is what I wrote this morning:

Last year I made a list of 100 things I like, love, or enjoy doing, things I'd be interested in adding to my life, activities I would like to spend time on, places I would like to go...You've got the picture. It wasn't easy to come up with 100 but because I stuck with it, a list developed with lots of little surprises. And by focusing on doing something small, each day, I found myself smiling more...and appreciating me quite a bit. After a year, I could use to recharge. I'm about to write another list today. How about you?

 Now I realize it would be a good idea to clarify the list and give some examples. So here goes.

The list became somewhat of a wish list of things I would like to have present in my life, what I would like to manifest, what I would like to be active with, what's important to me, who I would like to be or become. The list included both tangible and intangible items, things that touch my heart and those that touch my interests. It also included the kind of people, places, experiences, and situations I would like to attract or manifest in my life.

The first 35 items, or so, were of things I would love to spend time doing; many of which were already a part of my life, and some I had not done in awhile. The next group of entries included anything I might like to have in my life; some were dreams and most were important or practical. And then I focused on who, what, and how I would like to be, as a person, moving forward; who I would like to be when with others and how I would like to be me in the world.

Much of my list included things I already have in my life. The list helped me to focus on what's important to me and gave me another opportunity to appreciate all that I have and what I can create in my life.

At the time, one of the benefits in making the list was to focus on me and what I like. It was easier for me to focus on the needs, wants, and likes of my family than on my own. The benefits, after the fact, were many. I began to be more conscious of what I enjoyed doing and began making an effort to do something for me each day. I did things and went places that I enjoyed...for me. I was so very grateful every time I incorporated something from my list into my day. And I smiled a whole lot.

In order to help you get started on your own list, I am including some of mine. here:
  • to walk on the beach
  • to dance
  • to hug
  • to laugh
  • to learn
  • to paint
  • to create
  • to have time to myself
  • to have college costs covered
  • to have health and wellness
  • to have opportunities for growth
  • to have running water
  • to have passion for the work I am doing
  • to have a working car
  • to have time with family
  • to be grateful
  • to be loving
  • to be able to travel
  • to be forgiving
  • to be able to let go
  • to feel financially secure
  • to be able to find the good in difficult situations
 Hope you find this helpful.

4 comments: