Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Grateful for New Life Paths


I am grateful for all the new paths that appear along the road through life. The willingness to accept an alternate route can provide new experiences, valuable life lessons, and the ability to face new challenges with opportunities to successfully handle them. In addition there's the likelihood of feeling WOWed by those experiences.

Years ago, while working as an art teacher/therapist in a program for vision impaired and multi-handicapped children, a totally new path presented itself. Through a series of surprising circumstances, I ended up being offered a job at a mutual fund company as an account executive. The biggest surprise was that I accepted it. The next seven years were rich with experiences and opportunities for personal growth, all because I was willing to step outside my comfort zone. I spent years marveling at how I could have gone from a definitively non-corporate person to someone successfully managing increasing corporate responsibilities. It was an amazing journey.

Later on, my decision to try something new by taking an African dance class, led to a great community of friends and the opportunity of meeting the man who was later to become my husband. And without this wonderful man, I would never be living in California with a most fantastic daughter. The decision to take that class, placed me on a journey down a path filled with many precious gifts. And for this I am oh, so very thankful.

More recently, my decision to go with the flow and make gratitude my focus, has taken me down a road I never dreamed I would travel. It led to publishing The Gratitude Habit Journal and Workbook with many books being sold, a Gratitude Habit Facebook page, this blog...and feeling lots of WOW along the way.

I've had many wonderful life experiences by taking the fork in the road...and they have all added value to my life. I wonder what will show up next. Are you being faced with a new path?

This is Day 11 of the Thirty Days of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment