Monday, March 17, 2014

Grateful for Time at the Beach


I am grateful for any time I spend on or at the beach. What a great gift to live close enough to the water to easily visit the waves and the sand.

This has been a week of spectacular weather. Stopping at a beach on the way from one point to another has been a total delight. I realize there are many places still dealing with ice and frost but here, in the days leading up to Spring, it has felt like the beginning of Summer.

Whether it's Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, the sand and sea call to me. It's a place of peace and joy, a place to take off your shoes and get sand between your toes, a place to be alone and a place to share with others. Even with the sound of the crashing waves, there is a feeling of calm that always feels like home. The beach is a place to Just Be...to be yourself and get in touch with the voice within.

I so appreciate living near the water. I used to live on the east coast, just 15 to 20 minutes from the ocean. Now I live about 10 minutes from the beach on the west coast. Love it!

This is Day 16 of the Thirty Days of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment