Sunday, March 16, 2014

Grateful for the View


I am so very thankful for the views from the windows in my home. I live in a house that feels like a tree house. It's surrounded by trees in every direction and we have an amazing amount of windows. (A number of windows are narrow and don't open but they create a wonderfully green backdrop.)

As I sit here right now, I can see the thick foliage through six windows. The redwoods and live oaks are evergreens, so I get to feel like I live in a forest rather than a neighborhood all year round.

Right by my dining room windows is a flowering plum tree and a few very large camellias, with a small redwood grove just beyond. I love working at our dining room table and facing that scene.

I feel so blessed to look out on this beauty every day.

This is Day 15 of the Thirty Days of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment