Sunday, March 23, 2014

Grateful for Time With Me


Every single moment I spend alone with myself is precious time. I love my family. I totally enjoy being with people...but I crave my time alone.

Maybe it's the artist in me who not only needs the creative time on my own, but savors the time to reflect, to regroup, to recharge, to refuel. I love the quiet space, the voice within, and the peaceful meditations.

Spending time alone allows me to:
  • direct my creative energy
  • think things through
  • get to know myself better
  • dance without care
  • recharge and re-energize
  • increase my productivity
  • focus
  • take time out to relax
  • do things I enjoy
  • reflect
  • strengthen my inner core
  • meditate
  • find the answers within
  • and so much more.

Years ago, between a demanding job and a very full calendar of social activities, I didn't have much non-work related alone time. So, I began creating weekly outings with myself, visiting local sites and having adventures just with me. I so looked forward to this time each week and for the next adventure. It was a great reminder of how I really am my own best friend. In strengthening my relationship with myself, I was strengthening my inner core.

I am very thankful for the time I can spend alone with me.

Today is day 22 of the Thirty Days of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment