Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Wow As Gratitude


When I was in 9th grade I had a wonderful English teacher who introduced the concept of being WOWed by life. I seem to remember her encouraging us to be open to the opportunities of experiencing the WOW. All these years later, I still remember her passion for getting us to open our eyes to the wonders of the world around us. I'm not sure about the rest of the class, but one student (that's me) clearly heard her and took her words to heart.

For the past couple of years I have thought about the WOW experience as a form of gratitude but I just wasn't able to put it into words. Then recently, I found myself writing an explanation of how the two were related as if I were explaining it to myself. That explanation has become one of the articles in the most recent issue of The Shared Easel Newsletter. To read the article, visit: http://sharedeaselnews.blogspot.com/2013/11/wow-form-of-gratitude.html.

I definitely learned that high school lesson. I am always being WOWed by life...and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment