Monday, November 4, 2013

The Gratitude Habit: My Favorite Quote


Eight Days to the Book's One Year Anniversary


Today I thought I'd share my favorite "quote" from The Gratitude Habit: 365 Day Journal and Workbook. It's funny to call it a quote since it's from my book.

"Happiness is not based on the occasional
grand things that happen in your life.
It comes from acknowledging the
steady flow of moments to appreciate."

I originally posted this statement on Facebook back in April. It was the second excerpt from the journal I shared and it was new for me. I chose a photo I had taken with the reflection of sunlight on the rippling waters of the river. Then I played with the font style, color, and size. I've created many more images since, with words and photos. I am still learning and growing as I develop a style of combining the two.

Prior to this year, I had a desire to play with text in paintings or photos. I'm so glad I've taken the opportunity to do so this year and it's just the beginning. I'm getting more comfortable with the overall look and development of a "text image." It feels like a new medium to me. I must admit that I wonder about introducing letters and words into my paintings. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment