Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Gratitude Habit: a bit of history

Ten Days To The Book's One Year Anniversary!!

With The Gratitude Habit Journal and Workbook about to celebrate it's one year anniversary, of the date it was published, I find myself reflecting on the journey of the past few years.

This morning I happened to remember the first time I had the idea of creating a gratitude journal. A few years ago, while I was walking Pickles, our dog, I got a real zing as I thought about developing a "Count Your Blessings" journal. The idea seemed to come into focus in a crystal clear way and I even got a glimpse of what it might look like, inside and out. So, immediately after returning to the house, I wrote down all my thoughts and ideas, adding to the page throughout the week. I did not look at that page again for about two years.

At the beginning of 2012, I began to make gratitude my focus, filling my days with reading, writing and exploring the subject in depth. The original goal was to develop a relationship with gratitude for another project I had in mind. Somewhere along the way, I ended up super charged by the idea of developing a gratitude journal with a workbook component. It was only after I began work on the book that I remembered my notes from two years earlier. How great to start a project in which "my past self" had left some building blocks on which to begin this new journey.

To purchase the book at Amazon, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment