Friday, April 28, 2017

Grateful for a Pastoral Landscape


Day 28: Thirty Days of Gratitude for Our Earth

There are many many exquisite places on Earth that take our breath away. They wow us and energize us.

But then there are those that are magnificent in an entirely different way. These peaceful settings are beautiful as well but fill us with a sense of calm. When standing before an expansive and pastoral landscape it feels as if we become one with our natural surroundings.

It is a "sense of place" that's so very comforting, invoking a feeling of belonging and timelessness.

During our trip to the Big Island of Hawaii, I experienced just such a place. We were hiking at the Pololu Valley on the north coast of the island. Suddenly, an unexpected vista drew me in and touched my soul. I have carried that moment with me ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment