Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Month of Gratitude for the Earth

Photo Credit: Melissa Braun

Day 1: Thirty Days of Gratitude for Our Earth

With Earth Day coming up on April 22nd, I decided to spend the entire month of April expressing gratitude for the planet we call home. To me, it makes sense to love and care for the only planet with the atmosphere and oxygen to meet the essential needs of life as we know it.

With the current assault on our home, I had to do my small part to promote an appreciation for the Earth. There appears to be a current willingness and effort to deny the need to caretake our air and our water... the building blocks of life. I see a determination to place big business above the basic needs of humankind.

I don't understand how the protection of our environment could possibly be a partisan issue. Why would we be comfortable with the effort to pour waste into our waterways and put carcinogens into the air? Why would anyone choose to take steps that would or could make our water undrinkable and our air filled with particles that cause suffering, disease, and death?

So, I am here to promote an appreciation for what we have on this planet. I love this amazingly beautiful Earth. I am wowed by the magnificence of nature, each and every day.

Throughout this month, I will be posting daily images of appreciation: "30 Days of Gratitude for Our Earth." The images will appear here, on the Gratitude Habit Facebook page, and on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment