Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Grateful for Mountains


Day 19: Thirty Days of Gratitude for Our Earth

Wherever I drive, my eyes are raised to the level of the highest land mass; the trees, the hills, the mountains... oh those mountains!! It's as if my eyes thirst for a mountain view.

I grew up on Long Island in New York where there are no mountains. Yet, I would imagine that the clouds in the distance were mountains far away.

I love the way mountains overpower the landscape and create beautiful silhouettes against the sky. Covered with trees. rocky slopes, steep and rugged terrain, they are a majestic presence in our world. And it is pretty spectacular to watch how the weather patterns change at the location of a mountain, with the clouds that hover above and the snow caps that form.


No comments:

Post a Comment