Thursday, July 24, 2014

Grateful for Inner Wisdom


Years ago, I was aware of how often I would consult a friend to get input on a decision I was about to make. I would contact the right friend for the specific type of decision. Finally I stopped to wonder why I was seeking guidance outside of myself rather than looking within.

I had the answers...but I was allowing my mind to race with the various options rather than listening to what my inner wisdom had to offer. I was doing this despite plenty of past experience in listening to my inner voice.

By slowing down and quieting the inner patter, we can access the answers we seek...and sometimes even answers to questions we haven't thought of asking. We have the intuition and the inner knowing built into us. We have been taught to trust in the tangible world of information that we can see with our eyes and hold in our hands. We have learned to negate, or second guess, our inner perceptions, feelings, and awareness.

It takes practice and trust to develop the awareness of our innate ability to access guidance.

Trusting...
  • our gut responses.
  • our dreams and visions. 
  • our inner voice.
  • that guidance and direction is available to us.
  • that the answers will show up and possibly in quite surprising ways.
  • the messages may present themselves at any moment...when we open a book to a random page, turn on a radio station, or change the channel on the TV. The guidance may take shape in a conversation with a stranger, on a sign we pass on the road, or while brushing your teeth.

To open the channels for greater awareness and fine tune your reception, practice quieting the mind. You can do this by spending some time each day in stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment