Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful for Kindness

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I see kindness all around me.

Recently we traveled from New York back home to California. We happened to be flying immediately after a big East Coast storm. Although we were delayed at the airport for about 5 and 1/2 hours, the experience was a good one because of all the kindness I witnessed or experienced throughout the day.

Our journey began with my brother insisting that he drive us to the airport instead of us taking mass transportation (without really knowing how the roads would be). As soon as we arrived at the terminal, a man over heard us talking and directed us, unasked, to where we needed to go. At the gate, I watched as people shared cell phone chargers, gave one another updates on delayed flights and gate changes. Due to the kindness of my fellow travelers, it seemed easy to enjoy the very long day.

I know that it's easy to find rude and aggressive drivers on the roads but I always notice the kindness shown from one driver to another...and the warm hearted appreciation shared.

My daily experiences of kindness have left me with the impression that people truly want to be helpful towards others. Look around, you are bound to see that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment