Tuesday, February 27, 2018

End of an Era


Tomorrow is the final day of posts on The Gratitude Habit Facebook page. It's been five years since I began daily sharing of gratitude oriented material, links, and images on that page. Wow!! I can't believe how much time I spent through the years on Photoshop, creating the square posts from my photos and added text! How many stories I read in order to pick news items to share on the weekly Good News Saturdays!! How many wonderful people that joined the page, commented, liked, and supported the page over those 5 years.

It all started while on a walk. I got the clear vision of creating a gratitude journal for others to use. I couldn't ignore the idea when it returned with even more clarity the following year. So I became determined to produce and publish The Gratitude Habit, a journal and workbook. And of course, once I had the book in hand I had to promote it on Facebook. But what I was really promoting, through the years, was gratitude. The number of followers grew and gratitude has been an ongoing focus, with another journal published a couple of years ago: Parenting the Gratitude Habit.

Now, I am fired up about my promoting my art and need to step away from my time and focus on gratitude and Facebook. Gratitude will continue to touch my life and fill my days no matter what I am involved in. I have so appreciated the journey I have been on and the opportunity to share my Gratitude Habit.

I will be spending my time on Instagram @WendyArts66 sharing my artwork and my creative process. Stop by and say hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment