Monday, October 17, 2016

Gratitude Quote: Rita Mae Brown


“I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.”  ~ Rita Mae Brown
This quote by Rita Mae Brown is so true for me. Although my heart can feel the loss of those I've loved, when I shift my thoughts to gratitude, my heart becomes full in another way.

My gratitude fills me with so much appreciation for the many wonderful gifts I've received from having had these dear ones in my life. I can focus on the moments shared, the love, the precious memories, and how each of these special loved ones have touched my heart and altered who I am. I can appreciate the effect each have had on me and the trajectory of my life.

In doing so, I have allowed my gratitude to supersede my feeling of loss and sadness. I am uplifted by love and appreciation and it feels good.


No comments:

Post a Comment