Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Wisdom of Wizard of Oz

Image from the 1939 M-G-M Studios movie classic, Wizard of Oz

The story of The Wizard of OZ is a timeless tale packed with life lessons: appreciating home and family, facing your fears, seeking your heart's desire, self discovery, the power of friendships, and the ability to find the answers within.

Here are 7 gratitude journal prompts based on the words and dialog of The Wizard of Oz.
  1. "There's no place like home."
    What is it that you love and appreciate most about "home?"
  2. "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. We must be over the rainbow!"
    What life changes have added more "color" to your life? What has helped you shift your world from greys to more vibrant hues?
  3. "Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high, There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue, And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true."
    What dreams, wishes, or hopes have become a reality in your life?
  4. "I'd be tender, I'd be gentle, And awful sentimental, regarding love and art. I'd be friends with the sparrows and the boy that shoots the arrows, if I only had a heart..."
    Think of something that you or someone else has done out of the kindness of your/their heart.
  5. "I could wile away the hours, Conferrin' with the flowers
    Consultin' with the rain, And my head I'd be scratchin',
    While my thoughts were busy hatchin', If I only had a brain..."

    Think of a "smart" decision you made, a solution found, or a new way of looking at something in your life.
  6. "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"
    Think of an example of a time you followed the path in life which was truly your own. A time in which you did what felt right for you, moved in the direction of your dreams and desires, and were true to yourself.
  7. "Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh My!"
    What have you done in spite of your fears? Think of an incident where you were able to summon up the courage.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment