Monday, December 21, 2015

Winter Gratitude


I cannot believe it is already winter and only ten days away from another New Year's Eve. 2016 is just around the corner and we have already covered our citrus plant to protect it from the frost. I must admit - I don't love the colder weather, but with every season there is plenty of reasons to feel grateful.

I feel grateful for the jackets, hats, and gloves that keep me warm on cold days, for our wood burning stove that helps us crank up the heat in the house so efficiently, and I love and appreciate any shoes, boots, and socks that can truly keep my feet from feeling chilled. At the first sign of colder weather, I can be found in the kitchen, creating a soup from whatever we happen to have in the house at that moment. And this fills me with gratitude for the bounty of my cupboards, the creative process involved, and the culinary results of the experience. And with winter, there is always at least one trip up to the snow with friends or family to look forward to and enjoy.

There is always something to be grateful for! What would you include in your list of winter gratitudes?


No comments:

Post a Comment